20131229

Candycane Lane


MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013

So Christmas was very different this year. It was the first time I spent the holidays apart from my family but my new family kept me way too busy to get homesick.  
New Years Day itself was extra busy. We were in Seattle in the morning and in Vancouver in the evening. We (my hostmum's sister Gale's family, auntie Gina, my hostparents, Maya, Quentin and me) left from Seattle early in the morning and went on a roadtrip up to the grand parents' house in Vancouver. In the end we were like 27 people. The food was fantastic, I got the best giftts from my family and it was just a really fun christmas. 

A few nights after Christmas we went to a street in Vancouver called Trinity Street. The houses in Trinity St are famous for their Christmas light, in fact, they enter a Christmas Light competition every year! It reminded me a lot of Candycane Lane in New Girl, so that's the explanation for the post title. I should actually start explaining the titles because I heard from people that my post titles are confusing.. 

The grand-children. From left to right: Matthew, Quentin, Nathalia, Nathaniel, Faith, Maya, Jennifer, Trinity, Me, great-aunt, Sam, grand-mom, Mycah grand-dad, Jack



Those were my favorite houses in Trinity St. The lights were just amazing. The third one was so creative. They had their own radio station with music that matched the lights (or did the lights match the music) and you could tune in from you car and listen to the music while watching! Sorry for the bad quality, I was too lazy to get out of the car, so I shot the pictures as we drove by. 


And sorry about the blabbering in the background, but I just had to share this video. 

Keine Kommentare: